You are invited to the unveiling of the Cerritos Library's clioinstitute NEW thought-provoking blog—with an emphasis on creativity, learning, innovation, and organizational change.
We hope you will find our entries useful, and we urge you to share your own experiences and thoughts to help us create a blog consistently full of fresh and intriguing content.
The Cerritos Library established the clioinstitute in 2002 as its learning arm with the purpose of sponsoring thought-provoking events to help libraries creatively pioneer new approaches to lifelong learning.
The clioinstitute was first featured online as part of the Cerritos Library's online tutorial—to assist, inspire and support those who wish to emphasize the role of the public library as a "learning organization" either by building a new "Experience Library" or reinventing elements of an existing library.
Better Together: Creating Partnerships for Community Learning Conference, April 2006*
Aimed at California public library teams, the purposes of the event are to:
• create and enhance partnerships with museums, public broadcasters, governmental and other community organizations
• tap into more resources and increase audiences
• increase the learning assets and opportunities available to local communities
Get Real! Helping Libraries Survive and Thrive in Turbulent Times Conference, September 2004*
Aimed at California public library trustees, commissioners and system advisory board members, the purposes of the event were to:
• give an update on trends that affect how libraries connects with their communities
• increase effectiveness as planners, policy-makers and spokespersons
• explore how other types of organizations meet - and exceed - the community's expectations
Reenergize Your Library’s Service Environment Workshop, March 2004
Aimed at anyone wishing to reenergize a library service environment, the purposes of the event were to:
• explore the FISH! Philosophy
• practice using playstorming techniques
• rethink local library customer service using the Cerritos Library WOW Customer Service Model and FISH!
Imagine it, Explore it, Create it! Conference, May 2003*
Aimed at California public library teams, the purposes of the event were to:
• imagine new possibilities
• explore how to retool current services
• create unique experiences tailored to local communities
clioinstitute is sponsored by the Cerritos Public Library, Cerritos, California
*Funding assistance for these events has been provided by the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.